Bayelsa State News
Bayelsa State News - Fire on Sunday night at Opolo Market in Yenagoa destroyed goods estimated at N10m.
Bayelsa State Newspaper
It was learnt that the inferno, that began at 9.20pm, was allegedly caused by an electrical spark that occurred amongst the lock-up outlets.
It was learnt that the fireplace raged until 8am on Monday with a number of the traders battling to place it out, as firefighers couldn’t facilitate them.
Victims were seen crying and bemoaning their losses. Some claimed hoodlums took advantage of the fireplace to burgle their outlets.
A trader, Onome Ikudabo, said though some firefighters tried to put off the fire, their efforts didn’t yield results.
She added, “Goods and different materials, estimated at over N10m had been destroyed before the fire Brigade Service showed up”